Monday, June 12, 2017

Talks and teachings

May 29, 2017


Skyping into Conference


Hi to all of my family and friends,

This week, I spoke in church. I got to speak about the stumbling blocks that often come up in life. It was sweet because this time I was told that I had to talk in advance. Last week I talked about opposition and this isn't exactly the same thing. Where opposition could be an actual trial or something that you can put a label on, the stumbling blocks that we come across can be anything that impedes our belief or understanding -- as well as normal obstacles to progress. It was a little different, but I learned a lot and am excited for this week coming up. Tomorrow the missionaries that are in the city of Arica are going to have a conference with the President of the MTC in Santiago. After the conference, my district is going to have a Q&A with him so he can help new missionaries coming into the field. I´m exited to help in any way I can. Within the district, we have been doing a lot of things very different than normal. Things that are within the rules of the mission but outside of the normal. So I think that is maybe why he wants to see what's different. 

It is looking like we are going to have another marriage in the sector. We had one of our investigators come up to us after a lesson and he told us that he wanted to get married to his girlfriend. So we are going to help him make that happen in these next couple of weeks. They are so awesome! Claudia and Jercko have been coming to all of the activities these last couple of weeks and she brings all 3 of her kids to church even though her kids behave terribly. But the ward helps out them and everyone grabs a kid and tries to keep them calm and entertained. She has been loving that and even though he cant come to church because of work, he is progressing really well.

I hope that you all have a great week!

Love,
Elder Brayton

No comments:

Post a Comment