Monday, August 21, 2017

Vallenar

August 21, 2017



Dear Family and Friends,

Vallenar, up until now, has been a blast. To be really honest, I was really nervous coming down here because I had always heard about it being such a difficult city but I haven`t seen any of that yet. In fact the exact opposite. The people here are amazing and even though the zone is small, everyone is really close. I will repeat what I said the other week about this place being straight off of a post card. Every time I turn around I am finding another cool sight. So something that we do a ton of here is contacting. We live right next to the main plaza of downtown, so almost every time we walk through we are talking to someone new. Even though the people never live in our sector it is still fun to meet new people. 

I am still getting used to the way that we are doing things here. We decided that we are going to change everything that we can to try and find new approaches to missionary work. Really they aren`t too drastic but I am still getting used to it. Just one example, so this week I was actually in my area all day for only 2 days, and the other days I left to go help other missionaries. It has really been a huge privilege to be able to serve them as much as I have been, but it is going to be awhile before I know my own sector. I wasn`t really sure what all was going on at first but now I am just going with it.

So now a little bit about my companion. He is defintly one of the funniest latinos I have met. This week while we were talking together it hit me who he reminded me of. My companion is a latino carbon copy of Grey Livingston. For those of you that don`t know who that, you have to meet him. Grey is sort of a neighbor of mine, we both live way out in the middle of the woods and we get along pretty great.  But they are seriously very identical as far as personality. That is something that will make this transfer go by way faster than I would like it to. So from here on out, whenever y`all think of me and my comp just picture a Peruvian Grey!

I hope that you all have a great week!!

Love,
Elder Brayton

No comments:

Post a Comment