Monday, August 21, 2017

The learning never ends!!


July 17, 2017



Hello Family and friends!!

Every week I try and talk about or at least mention some of the things that I think that are important that I have learned or experienced. Well this passed week, being a week full of conferences and intercambios {exchanges (when they get a chance to work with other missionaries)}, I am not sure where to start. One thing that I can say that will never stop surprising me is how much there is to be learned still. We did intercambios with one of the new traveling assistants and he is good! I felt like a new missionary again! It was very much a humbling experience and a learning opportunity. We went around the zone doing interviews for different areas, including our own, and several people were able to get baptized because of it! He helped me learn, or helped me realize, the importance of staying humble at all times and the attribute of being ``teachable``.  The missionary has way less time in the mission than I do and I thought that I would be able to teach him some things.... but boy was I wrong! Also, the conference that we had with President was bomb! We were talking all about planning and using time more effectively. The interview that I had with him following the meeting was equally uplifting. It never ceases to amaze me how much he loves the missionaries here and all he does for them.

We recently made a trip back to the caves with some of the new Elders who had never been there before. I will send along some of those pictures. I hope that you all have a great week. Remember....to never stop learning!!

Love,
Elder Brayton


No comments:

Post a Comment