Monday, August 21, 2017

San Joseph

July 31, 2017



Dear Family and Friends,

Sorry for the sometimes sporadic emails where I write a ton or a little bit. I have been trying to make it a higher priority to at least mention something but very often the time gets away from me. Many times I blank out on what happened during the week if I don`t have my journal. This week, like most of the weeks, passed very quickly. In looking back on it, I am amazed at how much we actually did. One of the things that I am convinced of is that there are many things, very specific things, that can be learned only in the mission. Not that they can`t be learned back home, but they are things that are forced upon one in the mission. Like for example, planning. Something that I never thought of as that important until I arrived to Chile and I realized how little time there is in a day. Sure there are 24 hours, but after sleeping and eating and studying and the occasional meeting, there isn`t an unlimited amount of time to the things we need to get done. It happens at the very least, once a week, where we run out of time in the day to teach, contact, and find.

So, it is crucial to us that we, everyday, maximize the time that we have to do these things. It is so important that they have dedicated a large chapter of Preach My Gospel just to the importance of planning and using time with wisdom!

I hope that you all have a great week!

Love,
Elder Brayton

No comments:

Post a Comment