Monday, August 21, 2017

Life in a Postcard


August 15, 2017



Dear Family and Friends,

Yesterday I didn´t get the chance to write because I got transfered to a new city. Everyone in Arica was telling me that I was going to leave and I just didn´t want to believe them. But Friday morning we got the call and the Lord has sent me to Vallenar! Sunday I left at 7pm and I arrived yesterday at 6pm. 23 VERY long hours in total, but it was worth it. Until yesterday I thought that every city in the northern Chile was desert. But I get here and Vallenar is the most precious town ever! There is actual green here, no more dirt, like trees and grass and everything! I haven´t taken any pictures yet but when I do y´all will see what I am talking about.

Last night we went out to work with the time that we had and I immediately noticed two things. 1. that the people here are very kind and loving. Not that they weren´t in other places but here everyone acts like family. The second thing is that it is very, very cold here. I have been lucky enough to be in the warmest part of Chile both winters and now I am very far away from that. I am in the downtown part of the city were everything happens and I am in another branch. I can´t tell you too much about it because I have only been here for a day but I am learning more and more every hour.

My new companion is Elder Reluz. Another Peruvian for the win! He is still pretty fresh in Chile but has a ton of energy. One thing that I noticed right away about him is that he is extremely confidant whenever he teaches, which isn´t something that you see too often with newer missionaries. I am really exited to get started with this new transfer. Vallenar is like a different world to me in all aspects. The culture, the people, the missionaries, the mission. It is going to be a blast here. I can already tell that all the people that we find are going to be great!

I hope that you all have a great week.

Love,
Elder Brayton

No comments:

Post a Comment