Sunday, April 2, 2017

Special transfer


Feb., 20, 2017

Enjoying lunch on preparation day.



This week was weird. I´m not sure what happened but Thursday in the morning we got a call from the mission assistants. They told us that there will be a transfer this week with us and another town called Mejillones near Antofagasta. They didn´t tell us anything other than Elder Casteñada would be leaving Sunday and another Elder would be coming the same day. Transfers are not for another week so this was very unexpected for us, and even more I have been here for more time so it is strange that I am staying. And then something funny happened last night. We were waiting for my new companion to arrive (Sebastian, Nelson, and I) and his bus is running late.... something very normal to happen here or anywhere really. So after about an hour or 2 of waiting, keep in mind that it is 11pm at this point, I get a call from the office of the mission. They tell me that my companion somehow ended up in Vallenar, a different city 3 hours further south. So nobody really knows what happened with the bus but today I am with Bryan for the day and he is my companion! My actual companion will get here in the afternoon at about 4pm. He is from Argentina and has been in the mission for about a year and a half. I have met him before but it was more than a year ago. Anyways, that has been the last 48 hours of my life.
   
So I kind of mentioned this the other week, but I have been changing some of the old study habits that I have had. Before, I studied to prepare myself for the lessons, only on what I needed to teach. But now I have been studying more to understand and comprehend. From that,I have developed a much deeper understanding for what I am teaching and I am also able to help explain doctrine in much clearer terms. For whatever reason, that has resulted in me being able to feel the spirit much stronger in lessons and also for me to not get frustrated when we have a rough day or a rough week. 

I hope that you all have a great week! Thank you again for your prayers and support.
 
Love,
Elder Brayton
cooper.brayton@myldsmail.net



No comments:

Post a Comment