Sunday, April 2, 2017

Crazy Everything!

March 27, 2017

Tierra Amarilla Mission District

This week has been a whirlwind of a week for everyone, with a little bit of marriage, some baptism interviews, a soccer tournament, a Hercules play and a festival. The marriage was a team effort for part of other missionaries in Copiapo bringing the couple to get married, and for my part, organizing everything for the marriage in Tierra Amarilla. It was a very last minute thing, but all went well and the family of the couple came into town from Santiago to see it all.

The happy couple!
I interviewed a boy named Pietro that got baptized by the missionaries in my district. We started having soccer games in the church and in neighboring wards, we are going for a stake wide soccer league if we can get enough support. Also there was an activity in the stake for the youth and I got to help out a bit with the rehearsal and making the costumes. I didn't go, but I heard that it was a great success. Saturday night there was a sort of running with the bulls in Tierra Amarilla. But instead of using bulls they dressed a couple of guys up as bulls, and then they took some more guys and dressed them up as women and they have them hit people with little bags of potatoes. I am still not sure how the tradition started but we took advantage of the time to a ton of contacts and to tell everyone about the English classes we are doing.

This last week was probably one of the weeks where I was able to get more done in the 7 days than I can usually get done in 3 weeks. But all of that came at a price. Apparently I was doing too much too fast and my companion, the mini missionary, got bummed out or really over whelmed with all that we did and he decided that he needed to go home. His is still going to go to his normal mission whenever that time comes around, but he just got really intimidated with all the stuff that we were doing and the pace at which we did all the work.

As it turns out there is no one else that can replace him, so for these next two weeks I will be back in Copiapo again. I'm not sure where I stand right now with Tierra Amarilla. I am referring to if I will go back for another transfer or not. If I do go back, it will be my 6th transfer there, which is 10 month and a really long time. The normal is usually about 4 or 5 months. I guess we will just wait and see.

Thank you again for all of your prayers and support.

Love,
Elder Brayton
Soccer on concrete?

No comments:

Post a Comment