Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Happy birthday Chile!!

September 18, 2017






Today is Chile´s national holiday and it is a good time. All week we have been talking to people that have been coming in from all over to Vallenar. I am not really sure about exact story because I have heard several different ones. But everyone here is more than happy to celebrate for the week. Unfortunately, it has made things a little complicated for the missionaries. Mostly because everyone leaves and heads out to a big festival that they do in the desert. Later today, we are going out to see what it is all about with a family from church. We just ate lunch with them and they gave me a sweet Chile jersey! As far as everything else, we have had to focus on teaching immigrants from other countries because the Chilenos don't fish us. 

This week I was reflecting a lot about the mission and how much faster the work is moving now than when I got here. It has been so cool to see the change in everyone and even myself. Everyone has such a spirit of urgency and our president is fanning the flames so that the work can keep growing. On top that, I feel like all the newer missionaries that I am working with are such studs. They are seriously doing things better at 4 months than I was at 1 year. Cambios {transfers} are this next week so I think my run with my comp will come to an end. It was fun to be with little Grey but he is going to be doing way bigger things in his next sector! Who knows where they are going to send me to finish me off!! All I know is that we are going to be finishing big this week with him. There is an entire family of Bolivians that have been going to church and listening to us for about a month so we are going to see if we can help them get in the font this week.

Have fun everyone love y'all!
Elder Brayton

No comments:

Post a Comment