Monday, January 11, 2016

Once Upon a Time...


    * For some reason Elder Brayton has been unable to upload pictures from his camera the past 2 weeks. I've added a few earlier ones to this post. 

Studying

Book of Mormon in Spanish



"Once upon a time there was a magical place where it never rained, the end"-Holes

They were really talking about Antofagasta when they said that. It has been so hot this week for whatever reason. But it has been really rewarding this week as well. I had the opportunity to go on splits with the APs (assistant to the president) this week and during that time we got a baptism date for one of our investigators. And then we got another this week with Edith, she is from Colombia and has been super receptive. And then lastly Erick, who already has a date for his baptism, gave me a sweet tie just being nice after a lesson one day.

Spanish is still coming faster than I ever expected but I still need to take time every-now and then to tell myself that I am only 2 weeks into the field. Before my language training,  I'm not sure what I expected when I would be learning a new language. But all I have to say is that there is no easy way to learn a language, but if you do have to learn a language then surround yourself with people that are patient and people that don't know English. I have been really blessed with a good trainer, and a good ward. The members of the ward are willing to do just about anything to help out with missionary work.

Also being a Chilean is a very different lifestyle than living in America. For example, milk comes in a box and soda is cheaper than water. Something else is that is different is that lunch is the main meal of the day. So for breakfast I usually have a some bread and juice, and lunch is so much food! It's like a 4 course meal in the middle of the day, and then dinner is just something small usually before bed. I haven't eaten anything super weird yet, just lots of rice and chicken. Talk to you guys next week! 

Elder Brayton 


For you amusement the afore-mentioned box milk!





No comments:

Post a Comment