Monday, May 1, 2017

Loving Arica again!

May 1, 2017




 
Hello Everyone!  
  
This week has been a party, but really every week is a party when you are in the mission and have a good attitude. Lots of walking, lots of sun and even more sunblock! Typical of Arica. So even though the area where I am borders with the university campus, there are very few students here. What there is a ton of immigrants. It seems like everyone that comes into Arica ends up in my corner of the city. This past week I met two different people that just moved out from Bolivia and Peru, but both of them lived back in the jungle, in small towns or villages. It is crazy to me how differently they talk and the different accents that they have. Because here in Chile there are a ton of sayings that are unique to only Chile. Most of them get here and don't really understand what people are saying. Sometimes the saying makes no sense and other times it can mean something really bad in the other country.
     
My district is starting to pick up a little more steam in the work. Most of my missionaries are experienced, and two have been out longer than I have.. So keeping everyone focused and motivated is always a fun challenge throughout the week. One of the investigators that I interviewed last week, got baptized on Saturday, Today we went out to some caves that are just south of the city and then we came back for a BBQ. This week we also had interviews with the President of the Mission, and one of the things that he really stressed in my interview was the unity in the zone and how we need to get everyone participating and bringing some new energy to Arica.
 
 
 
Thanks for all of your love and support!
 
Love, Elder Brayton

No comments:

Post a Comment