Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Happy Leap Day!






     This week amazing things have happened. We have been praying to find more people to teach because it felt like we had been stuck in a rut for the past 2 week. We would always walk the same streets and talk to the same people and it seemed like we had no progress at all. But last week on Monday after p day we got a call super late, I think it was at 1:30 am Tuesday morning. But it was one of our investigators calling. He had been reading the Bible and the Book of Mormon and he said that he had received the strongest spiritual impression that he needed to be baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. So we planned to meet with him later that same morning to talk to him more. When we got there, he had his Bible out, the book of Mormon, and everything else that we had given him up unto that point! He told us that he was ready to make any changes necessary in his life so that he could be baptized as soon as possible. So we told him what he needed to do, set a day that he could be baptized. He was probably one of the happiest people in the world. We stopped by later that night and in just a couple of hours he had thrown out all of his beer, all of his cigarettes, and all together changed his attitude about everything! It was amazing to see how much one person could change in just one day.

The other cool thing that happened this past week while we were teaching one of our "Eternal Investigators" (That's just someone that never really progresses.) In this particular case, it was because she was too stubborn to read the Book of Mormon.  I was trying to explain why the scriptures are so important and how they can be used to help us and guide us. And while I was explaining to her, she wasn't really paying attention to me and she just randomly opened the Book of Mormon and read a verse to herself. Immediately her eyes got huge and she started tearing up, and all she could say was ¨You are right.....It is a true book¨ I can't even begin to explain how strongly I felt the spirit after she said that and she had read the verse out loud. This short experience may be my favorite so far in my mission.

 I'm not going to say what verse she read because if I give it to y'all you will forget it. Instead I'm going to invite everyone to read the Book of Mormon. I have been lucky enough to have the opportunity to witness how it has changed not only my own life but the lives of all those who read it as well. I will give a hint though, it is in the book of Alma! 

Everyone have a great week!
Elder Brayton      

No comments:

Post a Comment